Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Is the reg R500 DUE worth selling???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where V2 Due is.....and I got S500 DUE.....coz its an S reg bike
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toomanybikes wrote:

the bimota i own was registered on 25.03.1998. and the guy i got it off was telling the truth for iv got the purchase reciept in his name dated 11.03.1998.(which would be a s reg)
however vorts numberplate must have been handed back to dvla when his was returned to rimini..the seller of my vdue said his name was rob also hence the R.....500 DUE.

regards rob

Trying to remember dates/deposits etc. I ordered the Vdue at the NEC show the year before it came out so Oct/Nov 96.
I had bought a few Ducati's from Steve Wynne( Sports Motors) and saw him and the Vdue at the NEC, he was the new Bimota importer. I paid my deposit there and then ( can't remember amount but was £250ish , I think) .
Remember ringing the DVLA ( pre internet) on the day number plates got released and reserving the number( think it was the reg fee plus a nominal amount as just a 500 number ) .
Can't remember the exact date but must have been August 97 as remember middle of summer .. But got the call from Steve to say my Vdue had arrived. The stories had always started to surface about the issues. Steve assured me they were unfounded , went down to collect/test ride. Took it down the road and promptly returned. Always remember Steve saying ' They have a few low speed running issues , but we will cure them under the warranty , don't you worry ' .
That was the joy's of my first vdue . Took my money back and walked away.

Now I should have learn't but then I put a deposit down at 2016 NEC for a Norton !!!! How stupid am I ???
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next you'll be telling us you've booked a Family holiday on a Cruise ship....I hear Japan is nice this time of the year
JeffH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V2 DUE will be (should be) back out to play this year!

it had a few "irregularities" so it took a holiday to Italy to see Mr Caroni who put back to normal - I got a few extra spares whilst there and has since been sitting in the garage. it needs a new MOT and it is now on Jollymotos and I think a set of lighter wheels will shortly be added

so hopefully the SORN will come off and it will see the light of day again

oddly my biggest issue was screws on the fairing that are made of chocolate!
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those lovely lightweight plastic screws that hold the screen in place?

did you get to look around at Mr Vdues place in Italy?..I could spend a month there and still have to be dragged out kicking and screaming....

What were the few "irregularities" then...?? would starting have been one of them?
JeffH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his place was great - he had a mondial on one bench and two vdues being worked on but some of the old prototypes were excellent - tesi front end GP bike prototypes etc

a friend of mine was getting married at Lake Como so we combined the trip and he was sat on the moto 2 in Pieros office looking too happy compared to his wedding! Piero was working on a cagiva 500 engine - awesome stuff

am alright on screen screws (was very light on them) - the ones that have been fun are where the side panels wrap around to the radiator - couple of then brass ones that seem to cross thread far too easily

i picked up some cleaner fairings whilst there

starting - has been "erratic" - seems i clean the plugs and she still doesn't want to play -

in fairness - due to other commitments she has been left for too long but it should be back out this summer

the tyres are scrap as well (think they are still the originals from 20 years ago and look like they will have the same level of grip as a sheet of plastic)
JeffH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry - missed the main bit - irregularities -

it had been stored outside or at least got wet and then stored having not been cleaned off - so some bits had rusted up
the carbs had been re-jetted but the jets used were odd - - several mods in the carbs were unusual
runesika

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m a bit late to this party , I still have DUE 500V on my V DUE .
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to spend the money on fuel than waste it on a plate that only 40 or so people know what it means. IMHO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: