Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New Member YB6EI
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arnie2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was told it was frame # 025 had a full titanium exhaust and went for under 700,000 yen which seems low but I guess if Centrepoint started the bidding for this one at $10 k it�s about right. Supply is low but so must be demand.
arnie2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Bimota YB6ei update and air box hose. Reply with quote

Bit of an update as I have had my YB6ei for a while now. Historic rego was pretty straight forward. Haven’t done much riding yet as I’ve been away. What I have done has been remarkable. Corners on rails. Great brakes for 30 year old. FZR 1000 power needs to be wound on but likes to rev.

I got Unifilter to custom make an air filter that finally arrived. Cost $55 plus freight. Seems reasonable for a filter custom made in Australia especially given it is reusable.
I have used Unifilter before and while they are a bit of a pain to clean they have hi air flow and have a good reputation in racing particularly off road.
It is made to filter from the inside out and may also suit YB4, 8, 11, Tuatara, Dieci, Furano and Evo. If you’re interested search for Unifilter and quote part No. CF0591.
However when I was fitting it a small hose came off the air box between the injectors and I haven’t been able to see where to reconnect it.

I would really appreciate any help or advice as I’m concerned about what effect it may have on the fuel injection.

Last edited by arnie2 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the Exploded Spare Parts manual for the bike to see where it locates? It might be just a drain hose or fuel tank expansion/overflow hose or crankcase breather hose that just locates in the airbox at the end of its run
shane 851

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it connects to the (APS) Air Pressure sensor from memory which is bolted to the inside of the top frame i would have to go and check but as you now know it not all that easy to see without pulling half the bike apart

Shane
shane 851

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm a hose will go from the air pressure sensor which is bolted to the rail behind the throttle bodies to the silver bayonet fitting the other outlet in the bottom corner is just a drain hose that just drops down on to the engine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: