Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

dating evidence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: dating evidence Reply with quote

can anyone help please, I have purchased a 1992 Bimota YB8El Furano from an auction in the UK, the bike has not been UK registered, I have sent the forms to the DVLA and they have sent them back requesting dating evidence from a reliable source (e.g. vehicle owners or enthusiasts club).
if anyone can help please contact me
Kevmcdo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota classic parts did mine when I imported my YB6. Sent off to DVLA with no issues.
He will ask for some details and pictures of the bike currently and send you a few A4 pages nicely blinded giving his opinion on date.
All for a small fee but nothing OTT.
kevin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, I will email them today
Andrew034

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota classic parts is a good source. If you want to go your own way, I suggest a photocopy of the relevant pages from the Bimota bible could be used as a reference.

Additionally I have a copy of the sales brochure (for the USA) that includes the Furano. While this was not an issue when I registered mine (in Australia), I also have the original sales receipt (I could scan these and provide them as evidence of the time a Furano was available).

PM me if you're interested...

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: