Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

db4 choke cable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: db4 choke cable Reply with quote

Hello from Finland.
My db4 need a new choke cable. Does anyone know if any ducati cable would be suitable?
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venhill make cables to length with the ends you need...the db4 carbie used the ducat monster engine, carbs and switchgear...so a cable from one of them up to year 2000 should be ok
Antti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a high quality Venhill cable. Choke works again. This is the only part of my bike that is not factory fitted (excluding liquids, oil filter and belts). Even the tires are original Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antti wrote:
I found a high quality Venhill cable. Choke works again. This is the only part of my bike that is not factory fitted (excluding liquids, oil filter and belts). Even the tires are original Laughing

Nice to have an all original bike.... not sure I’d be riding on 20 year old tyres though. I also have a DB4 with its original factory fitted tyres (I’m assuming going on the date stamp on the tyres), but I’ve never ridden it
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup...20 year old tyres......Nice to have the originals...but sat in the back of the garage not around the wheel.....plus....theres more modern stuff thats far better than the tyres of 20 years ago...dual compound stuff with harder in the middle for endurance and soft around the edges for grip when cornering
Antti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to replace my old tires with new Pirelli tires. The original tires have become quite hard. I also own one Morini with original Pirelli tires from 1972..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: