Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB9 for Sale on facebook in Ireland Colraine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pillingb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: YB9 for Sale on facebook in Ireland Colraine Reply with quote

You eagle eyed fanatics have probably spotted it already. Terrible paint scheme. Please one of you buy it before I do! I’m sure I should have better things to do with 3k.
phil-short

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you have a link by any chance? For some reason Facebook Marketplace won't give me any results further than 100 kilometres away
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil-short wrote:
Would you have a link by any chance? For some reason Facebook Marketplace won't give me any results further than 100 kilometres away

Drive to Cumbria and your phone should be in range...or go on laptop with fb...locator switched off and then marketplace will search the world...I get stuff advertised on America on my laptop....I'm intrigued to see the paint scheme..
Kevmcdo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will try and find it later but if i recall it was the smokin joes colour scheme, alright from a distance but rough around the edges.

being sold by a friend on behalf of a widow if i recall correctly, its been on the market a little bit of time now.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just please...someone tell me its not this one....which is only 2500 euros...I use the words "only"...very lightly

https://mondocustom.it/dettaglio-annuncio/bimota-yb9---cafe-race-74193.html
Bud977

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cafe bike comes with all the original parts, and says it is a day's work to put it back to normal, so it's not such a bad buy.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:
The cafe bike comes with all the original parts, and says it is a day's work to put it back to normal, so it's not such a bad buy.

Its the Ballerina (cant remember the real name) bike so a FZR600 3HE engine and different bodywork to the YB9 SR and SRi, they're 4JH and 4TV engines.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wheres the link Evilchuckie?...Although if its a Bellaria…..and not Ballerina....I'm less interested....Ballerina...oh yeh...I'm there for that...I'd even put my own tootoo skirt on to join in the fun
Pillingb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry lads. I bought the bloody thing. After one week no one had show much interest. It was on Facebook market place. I struggled to find it twice as Im not familiar with the system. I picked it up last Sunday. It’s got a very ugly Bud Ice paint job but the engine sounded quite nice on the video he sent me. It’s a complete bike that has been sat for ten years doing nothing. Although I didn’t want to spend the money some other part of me eventually decided it was the project I needed.

The other YB9 I’ve got is to too good for me to be riding so Im hoping eventually to get out on this one.

I’m sorry to have raised any hopes.

For information both the bikes I now own are the sr model (carbs) and I spent £3,000 on this one which was registered in 1995.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmmm...No wonder you didn't post it up...but good on ya...Probably gone to the right person and cheap as chips for what it maybe??...I couldn't find it for sale anyhow....which is a good thing at that price...whereabouts are you in cumbria? I go up to Bowness quite often as I have a place there...

Now we just need some pictures to give opinion on "how awful" you may think it is...I think all YB9's are great...but ones that have been changed from Sheepdip red/yellow/blue are even nicer....I have a fair few pcitures of YB9's that have had fresh paint in new colour schemes and stripes etc...and all look better than the original IMHO
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowt wrong with 'sheepdip' colour schemes (yellow is the best of course) though Laminators' Gobert inspired scheme is very tasty.
You had some bad experiences with sheep 2bims to explain your defamatory attitude towards Bimotas choice of YB9 colours? Laughing
Pillingb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably explains the regular Cumbria visits. Plenty of sheep to go around. I come from Longtown 10 miles North of Carlisle. Not the prettiest spot but some good roads. Let me know when you are next about we could meet at the cafe in Keswick.

I personally quite like the yellow although the red is a little more subdued. Im concerned the blue might go unnoticed.

I don’t dare invent my own colour schemes as in the past I’ve always mildly regretted them. I think I might go for the red (it was originally yellow).

First things first I’ve got to dig out the cobbles and concrete the floor in another shed. This is my last bike there is no more room.
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yellow was by far the more popular colour for the YB9SR.

YB9 Bellaria 142 built (+3 kits)
105 - light blue
20 - light blue and white
17 - red

YB9SR 651 built
506 - yellow with blue logos
119 - red with white logos
26 - dark blue with yellow logos

YB9SRi 225 built
120 - yellow
105 - red
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More "popular" or just the paint was cheaper so they dipped more in Yellow than other colours?
Pillingb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those facts. My decision is made I’ll go with the red and white logos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: