Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Looking for help and information about a Bimota DB5c

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmervis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject: Looking for help and information about a Bimota DB5c Reply with quote

I am trying to learn more about the DB5c model.

I can't seem to find out much, production numbers are limited/inaccurate, and not a lot of reviews, etc.

I am in love with this paint scheme, green and white, and I can't tell if it's a factory paint job.

Here is a link to the bike. Has anyone seen another?
https://images.app.goo.gl/PcW6aGCfXMVERqyL9

Thank you!

J. Mervis
CBR_DBR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi J Mervis!

I'm not surprised you have difficulty finding info when it comes to Bimota's! It seems even the factory (when it was going before the new Kawasaki adventure) didn't always have a firm grasp on information about the bikes. Having said that, it's my experience you'll find a number of really helpful people that know an awful lot about these bikes on here.

There is a register of Bimotas kept by the Swiss club http://www.bimota.ch/register/register_bimota_db_en.html but that doesn't list any C models. Given that the 'C' was built by another company, that's not surprising.

I don't know a lot about the C model specifically, but I do know it's a model built from a 'standard' DB5 by the MotoCorse company in Japan (they also operate in Italy). The white-green colour scheme is indeed nice and I'm pretty sure that MotoCorse painted it that way. I found another one in a white red so it seems that they did a number of different schemes. https://www.motocorse.jp/news/?p=24230

Some of the options, like the exhaust are pretty nice too. A lot of people fit Zard titanium exhausts but the ones on this bike look very good.

I have a DB5R and it is a heap of fun to ride. The one you're looking at will be a nice ride too, especially with the Ohlins suspension and the other trick bits.

I don't know if you already own a Bimota, but if you don't: be careful! They can be contagious. Before you know it you'll have more than one. (For som reason or other we bought a DB10 earlier this year to go with the 5R Very Happy )

I'd say just buy it and enjoy!

Cheers,

Mike
CBR_DBR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi J Mervis!

I'm not surprised you have difficulty finding info when it comes to Bimota's! It seems even the factory (when it was going before the new Kawasaki adventure) didn't always have a firm grasp on information about the bikes. Having said that, it's my experience you'll find a number of really helpful people that know an awful lot about these bikes on here.

There is a register of Bimotas kept by the Swiss club http://www.bimota.ch/register/register_bimota_db_en.html but that doesn't list any C models. Given that the 'C' was built by another company, that's not surprising.

I don't know a lot about the C model specifically, but I do know it's a model built from a 'standard' DB5 by the MotoCorse company in Japan (they also operate in Italy). The white-green colour scheme is indeed nice and I'm pretty sure that MotoCorse painted it that way. I found another one in a white red so it seems that they did a number of different schemes. https://www.motocorse.jp/news/?p=24230

Some of the options, like the exhaust are pretty nice too. A lot of people fit Zard titanium exhausts but the ones on this bike look very good.

I have a DB5R and it is a heap of fun to ride. The one you're looking at will be a nice ride too, especially with the Ohlins suspension and the other trick bits.

I don't know if you already own a Bimota, but if you don't: be careful! They can be contagious. Before you know it you'll have more than one. (For som reason or other we bought a DB10 earlier this year to go with the 5R Very Happy )

I'd say just buy it and enjoy!

Cheers,

Mike
jmervis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply - this helps.

I am in love with that green bike - I just want to make sure it's an official paint job by "the factory - Bimota or Moto Corse" etc.

They want a pretty penny for the bike.

Are there any reviews of the bike online?

I've done a google search but not a lot turns up as you are aware.

Thank you again!
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As CBR-DBR says the C is for MotoCorse, who are a sort of AMG/M-sport for Bimota in Japan.
They make lots of nice carbon/titanium parts for Bimota/Ducati bikes .
Although they make a DB5C /6C/7C etc in limited numbers, I would suggest the exact spec of each bike is customised to the purchasers requirements/needs.
TBH I have not seen a green 5C before, mainly White/Red ,White/orange , Black/red , Black/orange.
One thing that does go without saying, these are very limited numbers, probably none exist outside Japan and they will have been silly money new.
Exact price I can not say but a complete Corse exhaust for a DB5 is about $4k plus shipping and import tax.
https://item.rakuten.co.jp/motocorse/1268536/

This particular DB5C has a 1080 motor upgrade along with all the other goodies

Oh now you have tempted us , whats the price ???? Go on, tell us !!

OMG !!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Jmervis….well...I've just completed a schedule of all known Bimotas made by Bimota....and uploaded it for free download on the UKBimota Facebook Page...but dont know whether you do Facebook....Like Vort...I too have a DB5R....and yup...a beautiful bike to ride...So...Heres the numbers for you....65 of them were made by Bimota/Moto Corse in Japan....I've never got to the bottom of who does what...I always thought that Bimota sold them a standard bike and then the paint, strip down and bolt on of goodies was done in house by Moto Corse...I can ask Shin Kondu if you like as I am friends with him on Facebook....hes CEO of Moto Corse...and probably has a record of the bikes they made

DB5 Mille Monoposto 992 Desmodue DS 140 2005
DB5 Corse Japan 65 2006-2007
DB5R 12 2006-2007
DB5 S Biposto 17 2006–2007
DB5 Corse Japan 1078 Desmodue DS 12 2007–2016
DB5 R 45 2007-2016
DB5 Borsalino 1 2007
DB5S Biposto 46 2007–2016
DB5 Evo 1078 Desmodue Evoluzione 10 2007-2016
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: