Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Potential new DB6 owner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vistoso

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Potential new DB6 owner Reply with quote

Hi,

I've admired the Bimota brand for some time & have now decided to take the plunge & try & get one.

As an old git I'm no longer eager to wrap my limbs around a sportsbike.

Since they look gorgeous, I'm therefore hankering after a DB6. Having read the DB section of this Forum I'm still not put off Laughing !

Where is it best place to look for one, & what sort of prices are reasonable across the model range?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't happen to meet and chat with you at the recent Crich Motorbike show near Matlock Bath did I?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres really only 2 types of DB6....the standard Delirio and the DB6R which has more splatterings of Carbon fibre bodywork.....different wheels and discs....round brembo discs and not "braking" wavey discs...….and it has a slipper clutch and Steering damper also......but all these parts can be bought aftermarket....>Europe is the place to look....either on Moto.it or the german site Mobile.de …...the only down side currently is the strong euro against the weak pound.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3400&maxPowerAsArray=KW&minPowerAsArray=KW&pageNumber=1&scopeId=MB

https://www.moto.it/moto-usate/bimota

As you'll see on the Moto.it site....prices asked can be all over the shop.....there is also a Azzurro model meaning "blue" where they made 23 No. when Italy won some cup playing football....but these IMHO are over priced as its just a paint job...….engines across the range can vary from a 1000cc early model with wet clutch to a 1079cc with dry or wet clutch....both are from Ducati and are the simpler 2 valve single cam air cooled lumps
Vistoso

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2bims,

Thanx for your prompt response - &, no, it wasn't me who you saw recently.

The links are v useful - as you say the prices are quite varied! I'm guessing that, with so few made, prices are set at what the owner/dealer wants for the bike rather than being driven by the market. But I'm probably wrong here &, if so, any rule of thumb would be v helpful!

A DB6R would be nice although the standard Delirio would suit me just fine, albeit with the bigger motor that's clearly been looked after. Are there any mileage related problems, other than normal wear & tear, that I should look out for?

I've not purchased a vehicle from overseas before. There's a first time for everything I guess!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: