Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB9 and SB8R coming to Centrepoint

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: YB9 and SB8R coming to Centrepoint Reply with quote

As above, currently sitting at customs our favourite QLD importer has a YB9SRi and a SB8R about to be cleared and prepped for sale.
They've also currently got that SB6R with the Corse pipes, and they're slowly putting together another SB6R that was sitting for ages with bits as the figure out what they've got.
There's a DB3 being parted along with a BB1 or two, and sad case of sad cases, a YB6ie sitting with no tank/airbox/fairings/front end. Still has it's throttle bodies - didn't think to look for the CDI though.
old_pirelli

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes went there last week looking to secure one of their rolling chassis BB1 as a spare,but alas the two they had were sold on. There is still a frame and motor for a BB1 there, but it does sound like they have some exciting Bims on the way soon
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its actually a red YB9SR and not the sri….which is better as its just carbs to deal with and not bimotas fuel injection....usual shoddy video from that lad.....far too quickly taken...as theres 2 No. SB8R's in that warehouse...one with the standard heavy silver 3 spoke antera wheels and one with white 5 spoke Marcheshini wheels....and...If any one can help....theres bodywork for a bimota just appearing at 33 seconds in that I'm not sure what it is....maybe a YB10 biposto?....Or Tesi1D bodywork?...Red/white fully enclosed bodywork....DB2 Junior bodywork??/

https://www.facebook.com/Centrepointwholesale/videos/343054203277182/?q=centrepoint%20wholesale&epa=SEARCH_BOX
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pause at 28 seconds, you can see it's SB6/7 bodywork.
pkay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: YB9 and SB8R coming to Centrepoint Reply with quote

Gammaboy wrote:
As above, currently sitting at customs our favourite QLD importer has a YB9SRi and a SB8R about to be cleared and prepped for sale.
They've also currently got that SB6R with the Corse pipes, and they're slowly putting together another SB6R that was sitting for ages with bits as the figure out what they've got.
There's a DB3 being parted along with a BB1 or two, and sad case of sad cases, a YB6ie sitting with no tank/airbox/fairings/front end. Still has it's throttle bodies - didn't think to look for the CDI though.

You seem to be spending a lot of time there my good man??????
pkay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a veritable Bimota glut - with the ones on Just Bikes and these we're spoilt for choice........
pkay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which of course taking into consideration how long they take to sell may not be a good thing Confused
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: YB9 and SB8R coming to Centrepoint Reply with quote

pkay wrote:
Gammaboy wrote:

You seem to be spending a lot of time there my good man??????

I spent half an hour there pulling the exhaust off of the parts SB6 to see if it for better than the one on my bike and looked at a video on Facebook. Not spending that much time there at all!
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Its actually a red YB9SR and not the sri….which is better as its just carbs to deal with and not bimotas fuel injection....usual shoddy video from that lad.....far too quickly taken...as theres 2 No. SB8R's in that warehouse...one with the standard heavy silver 3 spoke antera wheels and one with white 5 spoke Marcheshini wheels....and...If any one can help....theres bodywork for a bimota just appearing at 33 seconds in that I'm not sure what it is....maybe a YB10 biposto?....Or Tesi1D bodywork?...Red/white fully enclosed bodywork....DB2 Junior bodywork??/

https://www.facebook.com/Centrepointwholesale/videos/343054203277182/?q=centrepoint%20wholesale&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Doesn't the engine change from a 4JH (foxeye) to a 4TV (Thundercat) ??? the T'Cat has nikasil bores reducing the internal inertia

Last edited by Evilchicken0 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea evilChick……..I once owned a FZ600 Yammie in speedblock Yammie colours.....but thats as far as my knowledge goes on Yammie in line fours....other than a YB11 I owned briefly....
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:

Doesn't the engine change from a 4JH (foxeye) to a $TV (Thundercat) ??? the T'Cat has nikasil bores reducing the internal inertia

Same basic engine layout but lots of different internals parts. Very different drive characteristics .
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
No idea evilChick……..I once owned a FZ600 Yammie in speedblock Yammie colours.....but thats as far as my knowledge goes on Yammie in line fours....other than a YB11 I owned briefly....

I had one of those too, it used the XJ600 aircooled 2 valve engine and the smaller CV carbs from the FZ400R, which is where the steel frame came from. Loads of fun, theres a race series for them now.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enjoy my fz600...bought it new for £2595 or....discounted to clear as the fzr600 had been out for 6 months at 3995....did 6000miles in its first year....needed new tyres, a service and brake pads and the road tax was due....sold it for 2600...best value I've ever had out of a bike sidestand was shit though....too upright...a slight gust and over she'd go...indicator and new brake lever...happened twice...oh....and spray breeze over the protruding engine case cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: