Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Why We Ride to Quail Gathering 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yb11reno

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar, sorry i didn’t make it to the quail. Looks like you’re having excellent weather. I hope you’ll post pictures ( like last year) so we can see what we missed.

I see you’ve upped the number of steeds in your corral. 😁

Jack
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: why we ride to Quail gathering 2019 Reply with quote

mick wrote:
hoy my pleasantly plump chum I'm not 17 but I still fit the rest of those qualifications .....so I'll take the TZ and when the visor comes down I'm 17 again !

You dont need the visor to come down to be 17 again mick....I dont think you ever got past 15 to be honest....Of course these were the Standard Jap market road going Reverse cylinder TZ250's....not those hyper tuned featherweight TZ250/350's as raced at the TT and elsewhere...... Very Happy
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, sorry I noticed that my pm to you did no go through only now. I guess I forgot the subject line, hit sent anyway and closed the computer.

I am back, show was great and probably a bit better organized than the previous year. However, it was either a smaller crowd or less bikes displayed but certainly did not feel crowded as before. Did the obligatory visit to Talbott Motorcycle Collection museum in Carmel.

Rode up with the Why We Ride crowd. Organizers Brian and Eva were most gracious as was the rest of their staff. The pace was bit too leisurely for me and my RZ buddies so we split off on Day#2 after reaching Big Sur. Glad we did as I got to enjoy Hwy 1 after its reopening, perhaps one of the most pleasant roads I've been on. Pictures are coming a bit later from the show as well as Talbott. I just got in, completely wiped out.

Street fighter is a great bike but doing long distance jaunts is not one of its strongest points as I've suspected. Indian was a big sponsor of the Quail Motorcycle Gathering and I used the opportunity to check out their wares. The Scout Bobber was a very pleasing surprise and if my wife commits to start riding with me, there might be an Injun finding its way into my garage. Will need to unleash some of the other rides to do that...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran into some troubles with posting pics here via imgur. However, here is a thread of pictures that Why We Ride put together. In case you are wondering I am on the red Streetfighter (the black one joined in a bit later).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/whyweride/sets/72157706971792571
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: