Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Needed: DB7 Holder Mounting Support & Rubber Pad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bi-mo-ta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Needed: DB7 Holder Mounting Support & Rubber Pad Reply with quote

Hey Gang,

The 2nd DB7 I recently acquired, the original owner replaced the Zard Silencer Holder with what I would call a POS aluminum colored looking thing! I have the OEM holder and silencer bracket which was provided later per a known warranty issue, and unfortunately because of how the POS was installed, both #24 & 25 from the DB7 Workshop Manual, Section 8.1 - Exhaust are missing.

I have changed out the OEM Exhaust system with the Titanium one from Moto Corse and prefer the Zard Slip-on versus the shortened 2-pipe shotgun look. Hopefully someone has these two items and doesn't have a need so I can purchase them?

I did check with our trusted source here stateside - Bob @Bimota Spirit and he doesn't have these particular spare parts. And while my sources @Bimota are currently changing management and expect to re-open soon, I've been waiting and want to get the bike on the road so I can put the knee down.

Thanks and send me a PM if you can help?
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the "spare parts Manual" and not the workshop manual?....small rubber strip and the mounting bracket with 2 holes that fits to the carbon self supporting single seat unit?

I think a CNC man is your best bet....if you have the part from your other DB7
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the "spare parts Manual" and not the workshop manual?....small rubber strip and the mounting bracket with 2 holes that fits to the carbon self supporting single seat unit?

I think a CNC man is your best bet....if you have the part from your other DB7
bi-mo-ta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims, no, I meant to say the “Workshop Manual”, for what I have, that is the name, and if I could post a picture here to show you the fist page, I would, as it says Bimota Workshop Manual DB7.

Nonetheless, you are right, and I looked into someone with CNC skills to replicate the part in question, and being the hourly labor rate is $100.00 per hour, then there is the fact this person has to have someone else powder-coat it black, and the whole endeavor taking 2-3 hours to make the darn thing, then surely it will cost me upwards to 400%. Yes, these bikes are expensive, hell the MC Ti system is expensive, and if I don’t have to shell out hundreds for something that I am sure costs somewhere in the €25-40 range new, is good to save a few duckies, like investing in a STM EVO GP Slipper Clutch. Very Happy

By the way and different subject for I am curious... why is it when you respond most times, it comes through twice?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double posts?....its to maintain and keep up my ranking of most prolific poster on here....I usurped Oily some time ago...and meant to sign off one post short of his count of 4,788 posts.....but inevitably the addiction kicked in and now mine stands at 5,789 posts.....

Nah...just kidding...fat fingers key board...double clicking through impatience and this seems to generate double entries...or even 3 sometimes...I used to have Admin privileges on here once upon a time...and could not only edit or delete any of my posts....but anyone else's also!!….So I could make it seem they were writing whatever I typed into their entries.....

Also could ban people and remove them...but mostly I found myself correcting bad spelling....OCD....and some on here are atrocious with that....so I asked to have the options removed....The power...must resist the "Dark Side"

Sounds expensive your side for parts to be made...we still have the very old men in their man caves hand milling away nice little pieces just so they can afford to their cat that afternoon...and hence items cost buttons like that little piece...

Evo slipper clutch.....Nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…...DOnt do it...…

DB5R and DB6R both come standard equipped with stm Italian slipper clutches but branded Bimota...I hate the ruddy things and if I had the standard pack I'd put them back in.....You get feedback on the clutch when changing down if the slipper kicks in the lever kicks back on your fingers...and then....theres getting off the line...You cant slip the clutch so have to teeter off the line like a geriatric until the bike is going under its own steam...and then you can crack the throttle....and if hurtling up to a junction and you knock it down a couple of gears...you hear the whine from the slipper disconnecting the drive t the backwheel...that parts fine....BUT....with the disconnect you lose engine braking.....and on a Duc engine thats BIG....the impending stop or bend suddenly appears far quicker than youre used to because you are used to using engine braking and then brakes at a later stage....thus you eat your brakes quicker....None of this would be an issue...BUT...I chop and change between bikes and era's...and am prone to forgetting about the loss of engine breaking...or try to launch from traffic lights...and the clutch kicks in and out and in and out making the bike like a bucking bronco and making the rider look like a complete novice thats just filled his tank with kangaroo juice.....Apparently they all do this...some people swear that you strip the plates down....smear grease on the friction pads...leave to soak and then wipe off excess and bake in the oven....and then you can slip the clutch engine from a start...But...the rest is still there....Of course thats just my Opinion...and everyone I've asked since that has them....It can...get you out of trouble...like a rider aide....in that if you do drop down a couple of gears too much too soon...it will disengage the back wheel and stop a potential slight back wheel lock up...which is handy if youre REAL lazy....but they can make you real lazy because of this.....I dont do rider aides...ABS...Yawl control...LSD...wheelie/traction...etc etc...I want to be involved and responsible when riding...as for me....its a break from lazy car driving auto this and that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: