Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

BB1 for sale in Batley England

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: BB1 for sale in Batley England Reply with quote

Hi, new to the forum based in Banchory Scotland.

Would like some advice please. Im considering purchasing a BB1 at Jems in Batley England. Has anyone viewed this, and have you any advice for me on ownership? How much hassle are they and parts availability?

Appreciate it.

Garry
BB1 - Bob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi G,
this is obviously a biased view but I recommend buying one. They are so rare that you are unlikely to lose money on it. Having a BMW lump all the spares are easily available and not really expensive . They are not complicated bikes but are awkward to work on .Nothing is easy to get at. The other thing is you may have to settle for the stock 55bhp as tuning is not easy and not cheap.
Having said that , with the bike being so light and agile 55bhp feels like lot more. Have a test ride but make it a long one. They take a bit of getting used to. I bought one years ago -sold it -regretted it and now have another one .
cheers .
MattBB1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I bought the BB1 in Jems Speed Shop. I love big singles and Italian Bikes so the perfect bike for the B Roads. Currently stripping carbs as the bike won't tick over but first ride went well and it pulls nicely and handles great.
Plan is to strip her down over the winter and then rebuild to a high standard and maybe repaint. Having had many big singles in the past (SRX, KLR, NordWest) it doesn't vibrate any more than I was expecting. I have a feeling this is going to be a long term relationship!! Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new acquisition. I like the look of the BB1 but have never seen one in the flesh
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your purchase....I hope you hammered them down on the price somewhat....poor fellow of a previous owner had it for sale on Facebook for a lot smaller price before selling it to the dealer....On another note...similar congratulations on being the 1,500th Person to sign up to being a Member on this Forum....yup....1,501 of us out there now....Your prize?...being a Bimota Owner of course...…. Laughing
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'prize' is being a member of the most exclusive club and recent winners of the 'best stand' at Festival Italia 2018 - although we have been known to make some stuff up......... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
The 'prize' is being a member of the most exclusive club and recent winners of the 'best stand' at Festival Italia 2018 - although we have been known to make some stuff up......... Laughing

Certainly the Best stand....what other stand gave the Afternoon punters a change in line up of the bikes compared to the morning show???...Complete with free trials for young folk to sit upon cherished machines and abuse the baby mini-moto YB4 kiddies rocker also....
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also winners of the "best use of a wheelie bin" award............ Wink
MattBB1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome guys! It certainly is nice to finally own a bit of handmade latin loveliness!

So, I have done about 200 miles on her so far and I am very happy! Yes, they vibrate but all big singles do. The handling is where it's at though. it weighs so little I only know it's got an engine once it fires up......

So far I have replaced the air filter, stripped and rebuilt the carbs (they each had different needle heights and massive pilot jets and wouldn't tick over) and given the front brake some feel as it was properly wooden.

Previous owner has made mods by removing the airbox, fitting cooling pipes and it has a very loud exhaust (which is nice). They also appear to have had a go at polishing the swingarm plus there are chips on the paint and someone has cut a hole in the top of the tank to get to the oil tank without removing the bodywork so.........

Do I restore it, leave it as it is or strip it down, get the alloy polished and respray in something bimota esque? I do like a project but I also don't want to offend the purists.......
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real purists on here.....we all know that Bimotas need modifying in often more than one way or another to get them to be working right.....and the adage "if it aint broke, dont fix it" often applies.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: