Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 3 d Neutral problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Tesi 3 d Neutral problem Reply with quote

Hello since new it has been very difficult to find Neutral in my T3D and even worst when it geta hot.

The dealer has tryed to adjust 2 times but the problem persists,any idea how to solve this will be great.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like youre new to Ducati engined bikes? Which engine is in it? 2-valve single cam Duc 1079 yeh...but the latest evo engine with only 2 spark plugs or the previous lump with twin spark plugs per cylinder? And whats the mileage?

Can take a bit of running in....but with practise you'll find it a whole lot easier to get it into neutral if you do so while the bike is coming to a stop and wheels still rolling....snick it always down to first gear and a light snick up into neutral before it comes to a stop....with practice you'll get there...just look for the neutral light on the dash
waggy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running in my diavel and am having same issues, my other ducs are smooth and neutral is no problem including tesi 3d. If its really annoying you some people swear by the factory pro shift kit.
http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodd_1100HYM.html
shay001

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar issue on my 2003 Multistrada, which has a common engine with some Tesi (I believe).

The clutch on this bike was a dry clutch, so it does not last long, after 40,000km of mixed riding mine needed a complete overhaul. New plates, new basket, pressure plate and springs. Luckily there is plenty of aftermarket items of high quality. Suffice to say my clutch is totally non-Ducati now (and works much better as a result).

In any case, the inability to find neutral at lights was traced to the lever "fouling" on the switch block, and therefore not totally disengaging, it was probably only a couple of mm out but it was enough
SSR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I ordered from Bellisimoto a new EVR CLUTCH and slave valve and it was night and day the best upgrade I have done to my Tesi 3 d !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: