Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Workshop manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete-sb6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Workshop manual Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I've recently purchased a 1999 sb6 and I'm keen to get hold of a workshop manual. Could anyone let me know where I can obtain one and the best place get hold of spares. Thanks Pete
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people have a manual on cd.
Which parts do you need ?
Pete-sb6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's generally in good condition for the age and mileage and has been stored for the last six years. It has two broken indicators which happened in storage and a rip in the seat, the rear brake is siezed and the disc may need replacing. I'd be interested to know how to get the manual on cd. Thanks
Spongebob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently had a new rear disc. It was fitted by PDQ. Apparently it's same as KLR650 Kawasaki. Indicators are Ducati 916 and are very common.

In terms of workshop manual I bought a genuine Suzuki GSXr1100W manual to cover all the engine stuff. They come up on eBay fairly regularly
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...and welcome.....as said...pattern or Original indicators are Ducati 750/900ssie...Ducati 748/916/996/998...so search on ebay....rear discs have a larger content of iron as standard (more friction, better braking)...so try to clean it up first....wire wool, wet and dry, flap wheel etc.......Its normally the rear brembo brake master that can seize over time so check that out before the caliper.....
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - the brakes will clean just by using them.

Check the clutch, and check the slave cylinder isn't leaking
Replace the brake / clutch lines
Pete-sb6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good advice. Thanks
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can help with taking apart and putting it back together....is the exploded parts Manual.....which handily is as below...can be saved on your hard drive or printed off.....

http://www.bimota-parts.de/images/PDF/Catalogo_Ricambi_SB6-SB7.pdf
who

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims, do you see any value in creating a manual section? There is so little info on these bikes, the section would be conservation of an endangered species, not breach of copyright
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree....been talked about a few times...all about available "band width" for the Forum.....which is subject to limits.....thus some "cloud" would have to be sourced to store the info.....

TBH...most newbies and some oldtimers aren't so great with "searching"...and just ask for what they want or may need....so it keeps some of us active in responding and sharing files....what files I have left that I can share....as most new "free" sites seem to inevitably end up demanding payment....DropBox and evidently PhotoBucket being two of them that I fell foul of...as I had DB1-DB7 workshop manuals stored on DropBox to be able to share until they removed the facility unless I paid...Grrghhh

I do try to save on Hard drive most stuff I come across...and should probably do so with Rudolfs Spare parts manuals that he allows to be freely shared and downloaded/printed...Unlike some...Ahem...Bimota parts suppliers that charge some 30 euros or so for a photocopy version and don't allow free downloads.....I don't think theres an issue with copyright...I think it was/is Pierro carronni that Owns the rights to Bimota Spa...that covers Bimotas up to 2005...and he allows free downloads of the Vdue workshop manuals on his website
Falcolion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Manuals Reply with quote

I have posted it before http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5151&highlight=
but here it is again. Lots of useful info
http://pdfmotomanual.com/index.php?r=site/page&view=manuales&order=t&key=B&make=1935&lang=ENG
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2007 Aprilia RSVR Bol D'Or
2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch that link, my MAC, just got virus alert and it opened a pop up window that told me my MAC was locked and to call the number to get it unlocked...

I shut down straight away, then had to quickly close the offending page before the pop up opened...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: