Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New SB6R owner saying hello

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spongebob

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: New SB6R owner saying hello Reply with quote

I had a good year at work last year so scratched an itch I had for many years. I bought an SB6R! I guess many of you might have seen it on eBay a few weeks back. It's 1 owner from new and has 18000km on the clocks. Is in lovely condition but the original indicators are missing. So far I have only had the chance to ride it round the bypass so not a real test of it but I love the grunt. I will add pictures soon.

It will be joining a stable of specials including a Harris Magnum and Moto Martin plus an SP1, original 1100 Slabbie, Lawson replica Kawasaki, Z900 and a YZF750. Apparently I have to clear out a couple to make the boss happy!
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Congrats on the good year at work Smile

The original indicators are the 916 Ducati / Buell type, Buell are / or were cheaper
stox

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, good choice (i got one too). Enjoy.
Looks like youre not far from me!
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, good to see another owner appreciating the 6R......
Spongebob

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stox wrote:
Hi, good choice (i got one too). Enjoy.
Looks like youre not far from me!

Faringdon, Oxfordshire. Mid way between Oxford and Swindon.

Thanks for tips on indicators. Knew they would be common to other bikes, it was just which ones.
daveg

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New SB6R owner saying hello Reply with quote

Spongebob wrote:
I had a good year at work last year so scratched an itch I had for many years. I bought an SB6R! I guess many of you might have seen it on eBay a few weeks back. It's 1 owner from new and has 18000km on the clocks. Is in lovely condition but the original indicators are missing. So far I have only had the chance to ride it round the bypass so not a real test of it but I love the grunt. I will add pictures soon.

It will be joining a stable of specials including a Harris Magnum and Moto Martin plus an SP1, original 1100 Slabbie, Lawson replica Kawasaki, Z900 and a YZF750. Apparently I have to clear out a couple to make the boss happy!

Did you buy it from tadcaster?
Spongebob

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: New SB6R owner saying hello Reply with quote

daveg wrote:
Spongebob wrote:

I did. Do you know the bike or the previous owner?
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! An SB6R was my first ride on the Bimota. It was sold from under me. The bike was gone but the love affair remained. Great choice, enjoy!
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
daveg

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New SB6R owner saying hello Reply with quote

Spongebob wrote:
daveg wrote:
Spongebob wrote:

I did. Do you know the bike or the previous owner?

Looked at that bike about 2 - 3 years ago.
Quackers

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spongebob,

You're not too far from me either. I'm in South Glos. I'm a long suffering SB6 owner. If you're interested in a spin and a chat with a fellow addict/sufferer/ne're do well then let me know. Alternatively, I'm intending to go to Grassington on 11 June (unless it's raining. Can't have the pampered Bimbo getting wet now, can we) so I might catch u there.
morebhp

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy the 6R - spent many a night in Faringdon, usually at MR P's! About 18 years ago I was there most weeks. Lovely place.
Spongebob

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quackers wrote:
Spongebob,

You're not too far from me either. I'm in South Glos. I'm a long suffering SB6 owner. If you're interested in a spin and a chat with a fellow addict/sufferer/ne're do well then let me know. Alternatively, I'm intending to go to Grassington on 11 June (unless it's raining. Can't have the pampered Bimbo getting wet now, can we) so I might catch u there.

Always happy to meet up and ride out. I don't do rain or cold either. Cassington bike night is Monday 27th June. Not sure if I will use Bimota or wheel something else out the shed. Went last year on my Slabbie and was most put out the marshalls didn't consider it a classic bike and allow me to park on the green.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If on a BImota they're will be no such concern....as rare as they are....turned up on the isle of Man once for a festival....every bike was being sheppered down the main road to be parked up.....3 Bimotas turned up and the blokes other arm pointed the way to the sea front and show for pride of place parking.....so much so that when his arm changed after we passed he nearly caused a riot with the other bikers trying to follow us...... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: