Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Pricerange of SB6-R`s in the UK 2014?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SB6-RSF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Pricerange of SB6-R`s in the UK 2014? Reply with quote

Hi all!! What would a -98 SB6-R in good condition "go" for in the UK in 2014? I have one for sale in Norway, but the amount of potential buyers is low. I`ve got both clocks with Miles and KPH for it. 25.000Km. What would it cost to get it tax`d in UK (total)?
husson73

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In France the maximum for such one would be 6500 €
tommo-sb6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Pricerange of SB6-R`s in the UK 2014? Reply with quote

SB6-RSF wrote:
Hi all!! What would a -98 SB6-R in good condition "go" for in the UK in 2014? I have one for sale in Norway, but the amount of potential buyers is low. I`ve got both clocks with Miles and KPH for it. 25.000Km. What would it cost to get it tax`d in UK (total)?

In the UK dealers advertise them at around £7995, But obviously thats over inflated, Private sale anywhere from £5000 to £6000 i would say, Road tax not sure since the budget. But i rekon £78...kindest regards Tommo
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think SB6R man is on about import tax.....which in the Good Old UK is Zero for any bikes imported/bought within the UK....Potential owner would have to go through UK registration at the licensing centre...and the cost of an MOT...which in total is around 120 GBP...plus the cost of shipping also......As long as a vehicle has been previously registered in an EU state...theres no Tax or VAT to pay.......thus bikes within the EU zone can be bought and registered easily...evidently from outside EU...such as USA there would be import Tax and Vat payable...and they charge that on top of the shipping cost also ...deeming it to be part of the vehicle overall cost...ouch....
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This came up in another forum

Quote:
Back in November I brought old two bikes over from Sweden, one an old BMW I inherited from my father and the other a 250LC that my brother had acquired on my behalf from an old boy out in the sticks who had had it since new.

Since neither was road worthy, they came in the back of my hired van, along with a few bits of furniture from my old man's house and got put in the garage. Over the winter, I have recommissioned the Beemer, which has sentimental value, and I got it MOT over the weekend.

Having done so, I started looking into how to register it here and learned that I had to notify HMRC of the import before the DVLA would register it.

Right ho, I thought and off I went to the HMRC website to complete the on line form for both bikes, foolishly entering the actual date I brought them over, whereupon I was told I should have done this within 14 days of bringing the bikes into the country and got stung with late notification penalties of over a grand!

Now I know that ignorance of the law is no defense but this seems a bit harsh, given that it was the first time I imported anything and had no idea of this system. I figured since the bikes were coming from another EU country, there should be no issue.

Sooo - if the bike is being imported make sure you know what you have to do, don't just assume.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh....I've been through this process....its Called "NOVA" as in Spanish for No go...but an anacronym for "Notification of Vehicle Arrival"...came in at start of April last year....Its a bit of a mockery in that its intended for Dealers who are buying new vehicles within the EU...and instead of them sitting on them and only paying VAT when they sell them...they have to register the import and pay tax straight away...regardless of whether they've sold the vehicle...and yeh..has to be done within 14 days

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/nova/notregistered.htm

Unfortunately it applies to previously registered vehicles within the EU...where tax has already been paid so no tax should be due...but dont notify and theres a 5 GBP penalty PER day of late notification...just another Govt money grabbing idea intended to catch out the unweary whereas its merely intended to generate early payment of VAT and not for 2nd hand vehicles.......

And unfortunately as DVLA new license application is all on line now...they won't register until Tax or fines have been paid...as the computer says No....

Strangely though at the ports they dont check on vehicle arrivals or let you know what the issue could be if you dont notify...blissful non-knowledge costs dearly
daveg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would an as new SB6R fetch with only 19km on the clock ie like new but registered and been in a collection??
Or one in the same condition but with 1100km?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends what you want the bike to do. If it's going into a museum or static collection then the nearer mint the better. If you want to ride it then very low milage bikes aren't always the best ones to own.
The rubber parts can go hard, the clutch plates can dry out at the top and break, the break lines can go off ...... you see what I mean. They can take a lot to recomission them which adds to the already higher price you have to pay. Then you find your low miles start to creep up and you don't enjoy riding it because of the depreciation.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur....any bike thats been sat and not ridden/started can be a problem if the new owner wants to ride it...brake calipers can stick/seals perish....and as with all Bimotas with Italian electrics...there can be problems...cables like to have current running through them and not be sat...evidently a new battery, tyres etc would also be called for.

As for price? Well the 6R is not "unloved" but perhaps the bargain of all Bimotas and is easy to get at a good price...especially considering how much they were when new.....but thats if they were purchased at full price as a lot were cleared out for bargain prices when the Company went bump ...

Heres a similar low mileage example 6R not gathering much attention....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-SB6R-2003-03-1100cc-Only-600k-from-new-Frame-no-433-1-prev-owner-/301164794488?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item461ed21278

And then theres this one...very low mileage but more than twice the price
http://suchen.mobile.de/motorrad-inserat/bimota-sb6-1100-s-b6-1100-r-brescia/193028630.html?lang=de&pageNumber=3&__lp=4&scopeId=MB&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3400&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Motorbike&segment=Motorbike&negativeFeatures=EXPORT

You say your bikes are registered,,,but are they UK bikes? i.e. Kms or miles...headlights for the UK or EU?

At the end of the day a Bimota...unlike other marques unfortunately...has 2 prices....how much someone is willing to pay...and how much the owner is willing to let it go for....
daveg

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanks for the answers guys, you haven't said anything I didn't already know.
I have found two European bikes one with 19 km at 13900 euro and one with 1475 kms at 12500 euro, I think they are too much and just wondered what the opinion was on here as to how much one should pay for a bike to ride, but love like a museum piece.
That first bike that's on ebay now I have viewed and discounted as worth about £2500-3000 ( breaker) both speedo and rev counter don't work, it has previously fallen over and has an after market screen, has been stood in a damp garage recently and corrosion has started on all the fasteners, all of which I could sort out, but sadly when it was dropped I assume the frame was damaged as the lhs frame spare has been painted.

So basically what would be a reasonable price to pay for a nice SB6R with under 10k im thinking £5-6000 but your comments would be very very much appreciated

Also a coulpe of weeks ago this was on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIMOTA-SB6R-SUZUKI-GSX-1100R-COLLECTOR-OWNED-ONLY-1100miles-PRISTINE-THROUGHOUT-/251505319009?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3a8ee29c61
He had a start bid of £7950 and a buy it now of £8950.(didn't sell or even get a bid!!) It has a pattern top fairing fitted and was bought last year on ebay for £6000.00. Looking through the forum I see it was RWG's old bike.
With the huge price ranges being asked I am unsure where I should really end up, I know that these are older bikes and as you say sellers set the price they want, I just don't want to pay way way over the odds

Any help greatly appreciated
daveg

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another that I have come across
Its for sale by Rudolf of Bimota-parts.de

http://www.bimota-parts.de/en/component/virtuemart/sb6r/bimota-sb-6-r-detail.html?Itemid=0
Said he wants 13900 euro for it (as new with 19km's)
morebhp

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave I think a few NOS (New Old Stock - 0km) SB6R's were sold at a classic show in the UK last year - someone off the forum bought one (sorry do not remember who).

There seems to be a few about in the UK. Be interesting to know how many are out there!

I bought my 0km bike about 3 years back in the UK. An unashamed investment (queue the flames Smile - In my defence I do ride my other bike!).

It's a stunning piece of Motorcycle Art which I get pleasure from owning and looking at in my office. Gives me far more pleasure than a statement once a year from the bank saying I've earned bugger all on the cash in the bank.

At some point I'll sell it on to the next guardian (as we all do - ride em or not) but I am happy to hold for the moment.

Good luck with the search.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure it was Bonhams at Stafford...heres a few that sold...including a Zero reg YB11 for 5175......Unregistered no paperwork..........

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19768/lot/240/

or a 6R but used...do recall a few SB6Rs sold..just need to scan through the Bonhams results in the UK...from recollection they were brand new and unregistered and fetched 4-5K

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19768/lot/242/
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to budget £5-6k, for that you should get a nice bike from a good owner. The higher prices are asked for by dealers they might sell them with a limited waranty, put a new mot on and maybe new tyres etc.

The 6R isn't thought to be as pretty as the 6 but it's a better bike for riding. It's got a softer saddle, better airbox, the later adjustable forks and an easier fairing.
daveg

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys
My thoughts on budgets are about inline with yours. I would rather have an as new bike for a little more money and then put tyres and seals etc into the mix
So if you see one or hear about one please please let me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: