Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Db5r production
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garynuttall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Db5r production Reply with quote

Hi all - new on the forum .... Greetings from Cape Town South Africa.... Has anyone any idea of how many db5r s were manufactured ? My serial number translates to number 15 .built in 2009 ... Sold to owner before me in 2010... Rumor has it only 28 .... Any ideas ? Thanks for any responses.... Regards
SpikeC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DB5R was built in 2007 and is number 37!
I read an estimate of around 120 somewhere.......

Take a look at the registry post at the top of the forum for a little more info...
1965 Triumph T100SC
Garynuttall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate - appreciated ...
Garynuttall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey spike - thanks again - what is your opion of tthe mirrors - all i see is legs and arms - am fitting adjustable ducati 916 mirrors as the bimota ones just dont adjust at all.........have a good day mate.........
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Garry and welcome to the Forum....or GwinMorra...as they say in Afrikaans..........Whilst the frame number will be unique to the bike.....it doesnt relate to the production series specifically for your DB5R....as the same frames are used on the DB5S, the Mille and DB6 also.........I'd also heard around the 30 mark in total for the R version (full carbon fibre bodywork, full Ohlins F&R and Oz racing wheels)....also should be carbon fibre airbox, carbon front guard and carbon belt covers.......early models had wet clutches and later models had dry slipper clutches...

Theres plenty of posts on here as regards "DB5 mirrors"...use the search facility.....as yes...from standard they offer no rear view at all...some fit aftermarket like I did with a wider reach...as they are too close to the rider and too close to each other....Some have modified the mount behind the glass to offer a wider adjustment...again there are pictures of how to on here

Another on here went the Ducati 916 mirror route...but still had to adjust/modify them to get them to work

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3384&highlight=db5+mirrors

Other mods here

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3228&highlight=db5+mirror
Garynuttall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks - truth be told I was born in Burnley,not too far from Manchester.... and I believe we have just made premier league again......

yep my R here in cape town has the 1100 motor and every thing else you have mentioned - only 2600 km on the clock - was really lucky ..........yeah I heard around 28 or so for the year ...............keep well mate
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've done well to find one of them in South Africa...just need to get you to post a picture up and then you'll be a fully fledged member of the Forum...we like pictures......I do have the spare parts manuals and full workshop manual for that bike available for download if you are interested..free of course...and they are the official factory manuals in full colour on pdf's..........Theres 2 of these bikes in the UK...and thats it...I know of 2 in italy....one in Germany and one in USA.....with you being only the third owner of one on this Forum.........Hope you get to like it...not so powerful but phenomenal handling and braking enough to have fun with...........
Garynuttall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will send pic as soon as I figure oyt how to post it on the forum ...............fortunately have got colour manual after much begging and pleading from the factory ..................ha - they really need to work on their PR .......... Wink [/img]
Garynuttall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

image keeps getting restricted duto size - anyone want to send me their email and try upload from there ?

regards
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as if by Magic....Heres the NEwbies Db5R

The last of the last Db5R version...Oz wheels and Magnesium crank cases....Chain looks a little slack...and check on that plastic chain slider on the underside of the swingarm...the plastics made of toffee and the chain easily cuts through them..it looks a little low down from what should be its position...and rotated 90 degrees out of Kilter....but then thats just my OCD...... Laughing
Garynuttall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yep my chain needs a little tightening up ..... Thanks for the post - nope we are on the cold side - big bay ..... If you ever wanna come to Cape Town mate - let me know - we are on the beach and have a spare room and bikes Very Happy have a great weeekend
brian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike... welcome to the forum mate Exclamation
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing about frame numbers, mine ends in 0037, and one on the Swiss registry that is a biposto, I believe, also has a number ending in 0037.
1965 Triumph T100SC
Garynuttall

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brian - other rides aprilia rs 250 - Ducati multi, aprilia shiver and tmax for commute-- very privileged to to get the db though .... Good weekend guys....
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you found the little "advance throttle" button on the front of the throttle yet that acts as a Choke? Had mine for 6 months before I found it when boringly reading through the owners manual.... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: