Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Somethings Coming............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tadge "late" for the usual mystery and intrigue, followed by guesses...but as per the title...but this time its arrived, its now mot'd, plated, registered, taxed and now undergoing sort of careful run in.... Wink so, its new, but 15 years old,,and due to a shortage of days in the week, and garage space, its "officially" my last bimota...
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike .... so, how does it ride ??? (seeing as you're running it in)
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Evil...well how does it ride??? Evidently theres a relearning process of turning back the years to my early inception of 2-stroke riding, that started life with a Dt125LC in IT blue, then a KH100EX after the DT got stolen, next was RD400 and onto a RG500.....so effectively you have to regress to a spotty pubescent teenager...which comes quite easily...but you do have to watch yourself as it is addictive and perhaps the Vdue is getting pulled out of the garage rather more than any other bike...I convince myself its coz it needs running in...teehee...

THeres nothing below 6 thou, so starts are clutch slipping at 3.5 to 4 thou to get off the line, feathering the clutch....if you stall it wont start in gear, the neutral light may mean neutral, it may mean not, the bike may be in neutral but the light doesnt say so...either way you have to have both or it just wont start...theres also a nice false first on occassion...but after that the gearbox is sweet but needs to be as you are up and down it more than an alzheimers patient in a 3-storey house....petrol is 20mpg so after 60 miles the light comes on...ran it rich with 2stroke initially, but now turned it down and it is a lot less hesitant....as light as an Aprilia 250 but more power than a tuned RG500...pin sharp brakes...need to be as no engine braking....surprisingly comfortable, and with mirrors that work..well in a Bimota fashion that is....front suspension fine and even the rear Ohlins is progressive and not the usual brick on a plank....do have to watch yourself though...being a zing zing smoke blowing 2-stroke its highly addictive and can get you in more trouble than a 70's TV presenter on the BBC...have to lay off it from time to time to calm down...even knew on SUnday that it was most likely to rain but still went out on it...and yup...it thundered it down but it took it in its stride on the way back...no issues....but then it has been apart several times already putting right what isnt done in the first place...So all in all..lots of fun in the garage but more than makes up for it on the road...should be illegal really...Anti-social pest that it is...never tire of folk saying "whats that?" or the other one is "Never thought I'd ever see one of those on the road..."...will keep you all posted...fingers crossed that is... Laughing
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice.........
bimota_rider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schweeet.....bing, bing-bing-bing......schweet..... bing, bing-bing-bing.........
'98 Bimota SB6R #000016 "Sweet 16"
Built 5/97

2014 Suzuki Hayabusa

2001 BMW R1100S
brian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Steve! I was wondering if an un-vielling would happen. What tyres did you put on it?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
phil-short

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jealous doesn't even begin to describe how I feel.
Well wear my man, you must be on cloud nine.
I want to smell your bike !
One of the ultimates....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys....bike had been tracked a for a few miles before I got it...as a test/press bike so its got well scrubbed in Michelin Sport Dual Compounds on it already...which is fine as they are the tyres of my choice anyhow...and certainly better than the 12 year old Dunlops that Vort was using to run his V-due in....

I'm feeling a little guilty with it...it makes you do bad things and the other bikes are getting a little ignored...Hey Ho...Theres a real crackle crackle pop pop Zing with the bike, helped of course with the hand made Jolly Moto expannies....and you have to keep it on the boil all the time to stop it fluffing and being hesitant...but then thats the fun...well that and the big white cloud of 2-stroke whenever you first start it up wherever you go...

Just received some nice Zard Open front header pipes for the DB5R and DB6R...which are straight throughs with no Cats on them...taking them tonight to get them Camcoated inside and out and then they'll be going on to the other bikes so hopefully that will make me take those out for a spin also
morebhp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful machine and your write ups take me back to my smokey RD500 and RG500 days!

Enjoy Mr. Green
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thankfully the Vdue has proper sized wheels in both diameter and width so modern rubber a nice to have...and none of this anti-dive system like on the Gamma meaning wooden feel to the brakes,,,slimmer, lighter, more power, better brakes and handling...really could have jumped Bimota into the Mainstream...but then none of us would be on here either or with our bikes if they'd grown like Ducati as a result of a "success"...Another cheaky ride out last night...and I was so so going to take another bike out but had to move the V-due first...and part of me said "easier just to take this" but twas the devil guiding my thoughts and actions...even had a stretch where I had to follow a police biker stringently sticking to the speed limits...is almost quiet at 30mph in 3rd gear but had to keep dropping to second to stop the coughing....Oh he so wanted me to overtake...and I so wanted to also...bad boy...bad boy....quell tose devilish thoughts... Twisted Evil
Vince186

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice nice nice Smile
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have now passed the membership requirements for the VDue section! Welcome to the house of pleasure and pain Very Happy Surprised
Oh, and something new may be coming to Gods county (Yorkshire to you non Yorkshire folk)
MARTIN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gods country -- Yorkshire : Razz isnt this the place the call the
Rhubarb triangle Laughing

(00) SB6 (95) HD FXDWG STRETCH (01)GSXR1000K1
JRH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimotanige wrote:
You have now passed the membership requirements for the VDue section! Welcome to the house of pleasure and pain Very Happy Surprised
Oh, and something new may be coming to Gods county (Yorkshire to you non Yorkshire folk)

Bim, or non Bim.......?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 17 of 36

Jump to: